The Summer School Reasoning Web 2014 is primarily intended for advanced undergraduate students, M.Sc. and Ph.D. students, postdoctoral researchers, and young researchers from industry. The Summer School will also be open to a limited number of senior researchers from other areas wishing to learn about Semantic Web, Linked Data and related issues.
The number of participants is limited. Participation depends on prior application and a reviewing process.
Applications for participation have to be submitted via Easychair by selecting the RW2014 track and then uploading your application as it is done normally with papers submitted to Easychair.
The program of the school will include a poster session, where students can present and discuss their ongoing research with lecturers and colleagues. Applicants who wish to participate in the poster session shall tick the "Participation in poster session" group and include a poster title and abstract with their application submission.
A selection of students attending RW will have the possibility to attend also the RR Doctoral Consortium with the opportunity to present their poster in a regular session of RR 2014. Students interested to be considered in this selection process should indicate it in their application.
Applications must be submitted in PDF format not exceeding 2 pages (min. font size 11pt) and contain the following information:
- Name, contact details
- Motivation for participation
- Summary of profile
- Willing to present a poster? (if yes, add a poster title and abstract)
- Willing to be considered for RR2014 Doctoral Consortium?
- Supervisor (if applicable)
- Publications (if applicable)
Application Deadline: June 6, 2014
Notifications: June 15, 2014
There will be a limited number of student grants available for the summer school (8-13 Sept 2014) and for the co-located RR2014 conference (15-17 Sept 2014).
An additional number of grants is reserved for US Students, so that they can attend RW2014 and/or RR2014, through the generous support of the National Science Foundation.
Students who need a grant are asked to include the following in their application (in addition to the 2 pages):
- Indication of whether they are asking for support to attend only RW2014 or both RW and RR 2014.
- Estimate of the amount needed (in Euros).
- Confirmation letter (as an attachment in pdf) from his/her supervisor that confirms that he/she has no possibility to attend the summer school/conference without additional funding and that he/she is full-time student.